The Hélice foundation, together with the company ISOIN, is participating in a project under the 7th framework Programme of the European Union which seeks to create a common platform of services to optimise cooperation and interoperability between companies in the aeronautical industry and to improve the competitiveness of the Andalusian business cluster.
The advantages of this initiative include reductions in costs and times for the manufacture of products and creation of a database of information and knowledge regarding the jobs carried out in the sector.
Cooperation and interoperability have emerged as key elements for Andalusian auxiliary industries and the aeronautical sector, an area which frequently involves distribution of different workloads for the manufacture of civil and military aircraft, and which in recent years has undergone considerable growth precisely due to the excellent capacity for work and coordination with other enterprises involved in the same project.
However, there is much to be done yet, and so to further develop this aspect of major relevance for the continuous improvement of companies in the Andalusian aeronautical sector, the Hélice Foundation together with the company ISOIN has initiated its participation in the COIN research project under the 7th Framework Programme of the European union.
The main purpose of this project is to create a common platform to integrate the collaboration and interoperability services which will be developed under this initiative and which will have an effect upon different productive sectors of major importance in European industry. In order to successfully adapt these services to the sectors in question, the corresponding prototypes will be studied, designed and developed using the knowledge acquired to ensure that the end system is optimised to the maximum extent possible. These prototypes will provide CTI (Common Telecommunications Infrastructure) solutions for clusters such as the aerospace sector in the lazio region (Rome), the automotive sector (ACS) in Slovenia and, in this case, the Andalusian aeronautical cluster.
Although the COIN project was begun in 2008, the activities to demonstrate its services in the Andalusian aeronautical sector were initiated this year. The expected results of the project include different services which will be of major utility for the Andalusian aeronautical cluster, including the following:
• Partner search: This service enables a study of business opportunities in real time, so that if the decision is made to opt for a job semantic searches can be made on the platform to identify the companies of the Andalusian aeronautical cluster which are best suited to form a partnership for the joint development of the project. This enables studies to be carried out and ensures that businesses are able to compete more efficiently to achieve the business opportunities on offer in the aeronautical sector.
• Collaboration for the development of products: Through the services COIN offers it will be possible to access a platform where the different companies related with the development of a specific product may access the product and make comments and improvements.
This platform will even allow semantic searches of components, enabling aeronautical enterprises to find the part they need to complete the development of a product, including its specifications. It will also allow these companies to view the status of the product and inform as to whether it is being carried out at any stage in a manner which is not beneficial, enabling errors to be corrected on the spot.The advantage of this software system as a service is the saving in terms of both time and money, enabling access from any portable system without the need for cumbersome computer programs.These collaborative development systems even allow interaction with traditional systems (CATIA, AuTOCAD, etc.) so the economic impact of adaptation to this technology will be very low, as it is unnecessary to significantly modify the manner of working, yet at the same time it will make things faster and more efficient.
• Management of information on products, services and skills of the cluster. The systems developed will have shared agendas, enabling modification in real time of key issues of the cluster, determination of the status of product development and key dates for dissemination activities of the products to be developed. It will also include blogs and document management services (including uploading, editing, display and deletion), enabling rapid access to any information regarding joint projects which are being carried out, resulting in a significant saving of time spent searching for documentation.
• Assistance services for the negotiation of contracts or tenders: These interoperability services enable negotiation of contracts in a dynamic manner, translating the contract formats of each company into one standard form. Accordingly, each company receives and sends amendments to the agreements in their own format, avoiding time wasted changing formats for their subsequent saving or amendment prior to resending the document. This tool allows each of the parties involved to amend contracts and await acceptance of the changes by the other companies involved via the platform.
• Improvements to the competitiveness of the cluster: All of the services commented on above will enable the businesses of the Andalusian aeronautical cluster to reduce costs and times for the manufacture of their products, as well as saving data and/or knowledge in a standard form. Accordingly, these companies will improve their competitiveness in the aeronautical sector, enabling extension of the cluster to other markets and opening up further business opportunities. COIN takes as the starting point for its research the important results obtained from previous European projects in the fields of
The project is also being developed in the aerospace sector in the Lazio region (Italy) and the automotive sector (ACS) in Slovenia
interoperability (ATHENA, INTEROP, ABIlITIES, SATINE, TRuSTCOM) and enterprise collaboration (ECOlEAD, DBE, E4 and ECOSPACE), and proposes the business model of Software as a Service (SaaS) to improve enterprise cooperation activities. With a budget of more than 14 million euros and a total of 21 partners from different European countries (including top-level companies such as Siemens, Atos and TXT, and important research centres such as the VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, the JSI in ljubljana, Slovenia and the BIBA Research Centre in Germany), the results of the research have already begun to be applied to different clusters and industrial networks in Europe during the second half of 2009.
ISOIN has a key role in the project as a partner and the Spanish representative of COIN for the implementation of services for the development of products in collaboration and, together with the Hélice Foundation, in analysis and testing of project services in the companies of the Andalusian aeronautical cluster, with the aim of optimising and adapting these services so that Andalusian companies can achieve greater global competitiveness within the aeronautical sector.
COIN has a budget of more than 14 million euros and a total of 21 partners from different European countries
ISOIN: a company which fosters participation in European R+D+I programs.
ISOIN is an Andalusian company specialising in information technology and engineering which designs, develops and implements technological solutions and services in the Public Administration, Industrial and Transport sectors. The company has an R+D+I Department responsible for the design and execution of mainly joint R+D+I activities, directed towards meeting the present and future needs of clients in the target sectors.
The company is approved by the Centre for the Development of Industrial Technology (CDTI), a body under the Science and Innovation Ministry, as a consultant for Spanish companies with the potential for participation in R+D+I projects under the 7th Framework Programme of the European union. In this case, ISOIN is participating in the CDTI’s comprehensive programme “TecnoEuropa”, the end goal of which is to increase participation by Spanish enterprises in European projects under the 7th Framework Programme.
The company has been selected for "its technological capacity, experience and knowledge of European projects obtained through its participation in European projects under the 5th and 6th Framework Programmes". In this sense, the company has provided comprehensive consultancy services to enterprises and organisations with the potential for participation under the 7th Framework Programme which encompass the entire life cycle of the preparation of proposals, from the identification of innovative ideas with a European dimension through to the formalisation of consortium agreements, including assistance with the preparation of proposals, training regarding the 7th Framework Programme and the creation of technological consortiums.